It’s safe to say times have changed since I was last “on the market”. Back in 2008 when I met the kids’ dad, online dating was a very new thing. There were no smartphones, so you had to flirt from your desktop or laptop. Things have changed a lot since then. So with that in mind, today I am discussing finding online dates locally. Read on for some tips and ideas to succeed in the online dating game.
Finding Online Dates Locally
Whether you’re hoping to meet the love of your life, or just want a casual fling… There’s no shortage of dating website and services available to you. If you want to be sure you’re finding a potential suitor close to home, check out local services like Date In Staffordshire.
In a world where everyone is so focussed on their phones and laptops… It’s easy to see why dating has been transferred from the real world and onto your screen.
There are a few things you should always remember if you’re heading into the realm of online dating though…
- Make sure somebody knows where you are going and who with. Even if it’s a vague text to a friend, someone needs to be aware of your plans.
- Always meet somewhere public. A bar, restaurant or cinema are great options for that nerve wracking first date.
- Play safe. If you’re meeting somebody with the intention of hooking up… It’s worth remembering that, “protection is better than cure”.
- Take The Lead. Personally, I have always felt more comfortable meeting someone for the first time when I have decided were to go. Any date worthy of a second date will want you to feel safe in his (or her) company, after all.
- Exchange photos. If you’re meeting a stranger, it’s always a good idea to know who you’re looking for in a crowd. If your potential suitor is a 6 foot 5 red head, he’s likely to be obvious in a crowd. However, if he’s 5 foot 9 and dressed in black, he’s likely to be trickier to identify if you don’t know more about his facial features.
Things To Consider
If you do decide to use a local site like the Staffordshire Dating Site mentioned above… Brace yourself for the possibility you may see more than one familiar face. Think of it as the lonely hearts column in the local newspaper, from the 80’s and 90’s. I used to love reading those as a kid – did you?
Of course, you can always go the “old fashioned” route… Keep an eye out for potential dates in work, at the gym or down at the Pub over the weekend, too. It seems less and less people are meeting their significant other this way now though. More and more couples meet online. For some, that’s via online dating services. For others, it can be reconnecting with people on social media. There is no right or wrong way to finding online dates locally, but I hope these tips have helped. Finally, why not check out more of my lifestyle blog posts here.